In case you guys haven’t realized, I’m in love with Halloween. I’ve been getting myself in the spirit by painting my nails in Halloween themed patterns. This weekend was spider webs. And this week I wanted to incorporate something sweet and something spooky. So I came up with these candy corn and spider web nails. Here are the steps:
- Yellow Nail Polish: Pure Ice- Excuse me
- Orange Nail Polish: Pure Ice- Hot Tamale
- White Nail Polish: Pure Ice- Platinum
- Top Coat: Sally Hansen Hard as Nails
2. Top Coat: Paint your nails with a base color of orange. I recommend giving your nails plenty of time to dry so the tape doesn’t damage the first layer. Try rocking the orange nails for a day before finish the look.
3. Lay Tape Strips: Cut thin strips of tape and lay them straight across the middle of all your fingers (except your ring finger). The width of the tape varies which each nail (i.e. your thumb strip will be thicker than your pinky strip.)
4. Paint Strips: Paint yellow below the tape. You may need to do a couple coats to allow the yellow to cover the orange. Let dry. Paint white above the tape. Again you may need to do a couple of coats. Allow to dry before removing the tape.
5. Ring Design: Using a thin brush and black nail polish or a black nail pen, Create a web design. Start by drawing three thick lines starting in the top corner of the nail and fanning out. Draw lines in-between to create the webbing. Paint a thin line of silver glitter at the tip of the nail.
Got any nail ideas of your own? Fee free to email me them.