I’ve been receiving many blog related questions lately: “What are your tips for blogging?” “Where do you get your inspiration?” “Any advice for someone who wants to start a blog”. I thought I’d address a few of these questions with this blog post: My Blogging Essentials.
I have two blogging essentials: First what I like to call my blog kit and Second is a stylish work place.
My Blog Kit
My blog kit is composed of all the essentials I need to produced a successful blog.
- Inspiration: The key to any great blog. I find inspiration by daily scouring magazines and my collection of fashion books. As well as my favorite fashion blogs.
- Post-its: Essential for a forgetful person like myself. My room is plastered with post-its filled with reminders, upcoming blog ideas, etc.
- Agenda: To help keep my life on track as well as help me plan ahead on blog posts.
- Phone: What I use to do all my tweeting.
- Journals and Colorful Pens: I try to keep at least one notebook on me at all time. You never know when an idea will hit you.
- Watch: To help me keep track of time as well as being stylish.
- Evernote: (not pictured) I recently discovered this computer app and fell in love. It’s perfect for keeping all my ideas, thoughts, inspiration, wants and desires organized.
- My Computer: Where Fashion Without Borders was born and where it continues to grow.
My Stylish Workplace
The key to keeping me inspired is to have a inspiring and organized workplace. My workplace happens to be my room and most of my blogging occurs in bed. Surprisingly I get most my ideas when laying in bed. I choose to have inspiring decor to help keep my creative juices flowing. My bookshelf is what I consider to be the fountain of inspiration for Fashion Without Borders. It is filled with my favorite magazines and my collection of fashion books. I am always looking to update my book collection so I’m always inspired. Here are some books I’m lusting after. My inspiration/ jewelry board is currently a work in progress. I like to put up pictures from magazines that inspire me. As well hanging my jewelry is not only a great way to store them but they make great decorations. Pictures I have yet to hang in my room. I use fashion to decorate my room #1 because fashion itself is like art and #2 because I’m a little obsessed. These pictures help create a perfect and stylish workplace.
I hope this can help fellow bloggers or aspiring bloggers. If you have anymore blogging questions feel free to comment or continue to email me them. Happy blogging!