Remember the days of Kelly Kapowski showing off her midriff on the episodes of Saved By the Bell? Well those days are no longer faint memories, now you can embrace the ‘80s and bare your midriff in this springs latest trend: Crop tops. Crop tops have been heating up the fashion world from on the runways to television shows. Just like many other trends, crop tops aren’t for everyone. But if they’re for you there are many ways you can wear them even if you don’t want to show skin. Here are the tips:
- Practice makes perfect: Just like any trend the key is trying it out. Start basic by wearing it as a cover-up to the beach and pool. Let yourself get comfortable and then work your crop top into your wardrobe more and more.
- Find the length for you: There is a range of crop tops from short ones that stop above your belly button to longer ones that stop above your jeans. Find the one that works best for you.
- Crop tops are great for layering: If you want more coverage layer a crop top over a tank or wear one over a dress for a cute look.
- Style of crop top is essential: If you want a crop top for a more relaxed casual outfit, like for a day at the beach, then I’d choose a crop top made of jersey-like fabric. For a more “sophisticated” crop top choose one with more structured fabric or one with lace details.
- Pair them with high-waisted pants/skirts or maxi skirt: This will give you a more polished look.
- Keep it simple: Crop tops are great for just a relaxed, simple outfit. So if you are worried you can’t fully pull it off, just pair them with jean shorts.
Crop tops are tricky but with the right styling any fashionista can rock the crop top!