They are some great aspects of winter: everything blanketed in snow, hot chocolate, ice skating, reading by the fire, snow ball fights, snow men. You get the gist. But there are also some bad aspects when it comes to beauty. I’m sure you all know what I’m talking about. Dry skin, dry hair, dry lips, dry everything. So to prevent these winter side effects we must crank our beauty regimen up. To do this here are some great beauty products and tips to keep your body in great shape even in the winter cold and wind.
The key to keeping your face from becoming dry and flaky is LOTS of moisturizer. Be sure to moisturize every morning and night. Make sure to remove make-up as soon as you get home. Wearing make-up too long will only dry out your face more.
- AVEENO Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer $14.99– My personal facial moisturizer. Soothes/calms dry and irritated skin while reducing redness.
Winter weather also takes moisture out of your body. So slab moisturizer on your skin directly after your shower and take warm (not hot) showers. Hot water only dries out your skin more. For your hands and feet, put moisturizer on them and cover them with socks every night before bed to lock in moisture.
- AVEENO Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion $12.00– Helps with five symptoms of winter skin (dryness, discomfort, flaking, roughness, itchiness)
- Jergens Shea Butter Skin Enriching Cream $3.99– Transforms skin into radiantly soft skin as well as making your skin smell great.
From winter wind to hair dryers to straightners, your hair is bound to suffer. To help heal your hair your key is CONDITIONER. Use it daily as well as rinsing your hair with cold water. Hot water dries out your hair and cold water will add shine to it. A moisturizing hair masque is another great way to add moisture to your hair. I recommend limiting your use of heated hair-styling products because they will only dry out your hair more.
- Pantene Medium to Thick Dry to Moisturized Conditioner $4.99– I love this moisturizer it makes my hair silky smooth.
- Frizz-Ease Reinforce Strengthening Triple Crème Masque $14.99 This moisturizing masque is great for fixing split ends, dryness and breakage.
- Bumble and Bumble De-Frizz $25.00– Frizz is another winter hair problem but this product eliminated all frizz.
My least favorite winter side effect is dry lips. This is my personnel hell. I hate chapped lips, cracked lips or just plain and simple dry lips. But these can all be prevented, its plain and simple- lip balm, chapstick, and lip moisturizer. The best thing you can do is apply it at night so your lips absorb the most moisture before being exposed.
- Original Carmex Tube $3.00– I love Carmex. It is perfect for preventing and heeling dry lips. It makes my lips kissable.
- Smashbox Emulsion Lip Exfoliant $18.00– A lip exfoliant is a must have for dry, flaking lips. This exfoliant not only exfoliates but also conditions. Plus it smells yummy.