New Years is the end of a year but the beginning of another. Time to reflect on the events of 2010 and plan for the events to come in 2011. While 2010 had some great memories for me, including the birth of my blog; I am looking forward to what’s to come in 2011. But before we move on, let’s look back on 2010:
- 2010 was a year full of designers making affordable lines. Lavin partnered up with H&M to make an amazing line that was both fashionable and affordable. Target had two widely popular lines designed by two major designers: Zac Posen and Mulberry. Both were fabulous lines that gave shoppers the looks of Posen and Mulberry for affordable prices.
- Another success was Mulberry’s Alexa Chung bag, which sold out fairly quickly. Alexa Chung has such great personal style so of course her bag was going to be amazing! It’s definitely a bag that will live long after 2010.
- The royal engagement was definitely a big event of 2010 (as well as Kate Middleton’s gorgeous navy Issa dress). Lucky for yes the big event is yet to come so we have something to look forward to in 2011. I can’t wait to see the pictures and her dress!
- We can’t forget Tom Ford’s grand comeback to womenswear after six years. The line was (ofcourse) amazing and we look forward to what he has to come in the New Year.
- Trends we love of 2010: Military, lace, riding boots, knee-high socks, animal prints.
Now time to say goodbye to 2010 and hello 2011. With the start of the New Year in just a few days it’s time to make your New Years resolutions. 2010 not only holds memories but also lessons I learned. Normally I’ve never made New years resolutions because I personally just saw it as setting myself up for failure since I’m not really good at following rules (even ones I’ve set for myself). But since 2011 also holds for me the end of my teen years (my birthdays Feb. 21st so start shopping) I decided it’s time to start making resolutions and achieving them. So here are my 2011 resolutions and hopefully you can keep me accountable:
- Better My Blog: With school starting soon (Monday to be exact) I am worried about making time for my blog. But as a resolution I want to keep up with it by blogging often and continuing developing it to make it better.
- No More Dr. Pepper: For those who don’t know me well I’m addicted to Dr. Pepper and I didn’t really know how much until I found myself constantly craving it this winter break. So it’s time to get more health and ditch the doctor. Maybe not completely, I will allow myself a glass on Sundays. I’m a work in progress.
- Be More Money Wise: Yes 2011 calls for a more money saving Sophie and a less Shop-a-holic Sophie.
- Get In Shape: Along the lines of getting more healthy I’m going to get off my butt and go to the gym more. 2011 is time to say goodbye to holiday fat.
- Actually Achieve my Resolutions: I know it’s weird for my last resolution to be about my other resolutions but considering my track record this resolution is the most important!
So what does 2011 hold for you? Hopefully it holds a year of memories, laughter, fashion and all around being fabulous. So throw on that glitzy party dress and celebrate the last hours of 2010 in style. Goodbye 2010 and Hello to a year of new opportunities!